I am so making these for Colin! He loves to color in the tub but sometimes I find those crayons leave stains on the tub. I hope these do not.
What You’ll Need:
- Clear glycerin soap
- Soap color dyes or food coloring
- Essential oils (optional)
- A glass measuring cup
- A microwave
- Soap molds or an ice cube tray
- A knife (for adult use only)
- Wax paper
- A cutting board
- The first step in making your own bathtub crayons is to cover a cutting board with a piece of wax paper and use a knife to cut the clear glycerin soap into small cubes. Only an adult should do this step.
- Separate the glycerin soap cubes into different piles to make different colors.
- Place the glycerin soap cubes for the first color into a glass measuring cup, filling the measuring cup halfway. Melt the soap in the microwave for about 15 seconds at a time until fully melted. It is important to do the melting in short bursts so the soap doesn’t burn.
- Add a few drops of soap color dyes or food coloring and use a spoon to stir. A little bit of color goes a long way – start with just a drop or two and add more until the soap is the desired color.
- If desired, add a few drops of essential oils to scent your soap, and stir.
- Carefully pour the soap into soap molds, or if you don’t have soap molds, an ice cube tray. Let the soap cool completely before removing from the molds.
- Repeat this same process using other colors and scents to make a variety of bathtub crayons.