We just love any Mexican Style food in our household and this is one recipe I am going to have to try!
- 4 cup(s) of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 12 soft taco, flour tortillas
- 2 cup(s) of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) of Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) of milk
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tsp. of Mrs. Dash
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
*Note to make a lower calorie/fat version of this. Use the Fat Free or 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
- Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Combine chicken and sauce.
- Lay out a tortilla; fill with about ¼ – 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone.
- Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing and celery sticks.
A reader asked what would be good with these.. How about trying homemade Guacamole Salad! This has become a favorite in our household. Our 5 year old son can not get enough of it! Find out how to make Guacamole Salad HERE.